WD Gann Lost Secrets and Mysteries page 4
WHAT WD GANN DID PROVIDE HIS STUDENTS
Mr. Gann sold a type of ‘access’ to his work through courses (costing as much as a house in his day) and books containing just the ‘results’ of using his secret methods. Though the courses were advertised as trading methods, the core information that allowed one to come to their own conclusions and trading decisions was decidedly absent from Gann’s writings.
He did, however, leave subtle clues, phrases and stories that alluded to the area to look at to find the core principles that he used.
WHAT THE STUDENT RECEIVED INSTEAD OF A PRACTICAL METHOD
The Gann courses, books and charts are extremely valuable; but NOT for the reasons they were purchased in most cases. Most are looking for something they can apply quickly and efficiently to the markets to improve their trading results. Instead, they’re greeted with:
- Lots of Numbers: A confused array of numbers, numbers and more numbers, all of which were said to be ‘important’. But, which was the most important? Gann didn’t say.
- Angles: Lots and lots of angles to choose from (take a look at just one of Gann’s charts below for May Soybeans.
- Strange wheels of numbers: Circles of 9, Circles of 24, the Square of 144, Square of 12, Circles of Prices, Years and many other varieties.
- Geometric shapes and figures: Circles, Squares, Triangles, Hexagons, Octagons, Ellipses, etc..
- Astrological Chart notations: A few of WD Gann’s Astrology writings and charts have come to light and Mr. Gann did use astrology techniques in his work among other methods.